QUALIFI HND in Cyber Security (240 credits)
UK Campus Fee
£ 2500 (Installments Available)
12-14 Months (Online/On-Campus)
Rolling intakes throughout the year
2 Years of a UK Bachelor (Hons) degree
The QUALIFI Higher National Diploma (HND) in Cyber Security consists of 240 credits and comprised of the QUALIFI Level 4 Diploma plus Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security. It is equivalent to the Two years of a 3 year UK Bachelor (Hons) degree as per the British qualification framework which gives the direct entry to graduates in the final year of the Bachelor (Hons) degree in the UK universities.
This HND qualification is the foremost preference of college leavers who want to complete a fast- track international qualification and to start with an entry level or an intermediate level employment.
The HND in Cyber Security programme provides a career path for learners who wish to develop their core capabilities within the cyber security and risk management sector. This qualification is potentially unique because it is about ‘cyber security’ as a workplace management discipline. It is therefore a semi technical qualification that examines technical cyber security measures as well as the management, project management and leadership skills required to organise internal and external business responses to major incidents. The programme utilises many case studies from business organisations and embeds isomorphic learning into its technical education.
The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the HND in Cyber Security qualification will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment.
Who is it for ?
- Secondary school leavers or college graduates looking for global opportunities to work in the field of Cyber Security, Computer forensics and Information Technology at an entry level position.
- Cyber Security professionals and Security Systems Administrators working in the intermediate or junior level positions but not having a formal qualification to uplift their career to a senior level.
- College graduates with the previous foundation level qualifications in IT, pre- medical, pre-engineering, fine arts, general science, and commerce who want to pursue a career in the Cyber Security sector.
- College leavers who want to apply for study abroad in UK to get the direct entry into the final year of the bachelor’s degree.
- Aspirants who want to apply for study Abroad in UK, Australia, and Europe to get an entry into the Bachelor’s degree with some credit exemptions.
- College leavers and IT Security Analysts who want to start their professional career at the early stage of their life and to grow themselves independently without depending on the parents for further studies.
What you will study
This QUALIFI Higher National diploma (240 credits) qualification comprised of two sequential levels of the undergraduate qualification:
QUALIFI Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security (120 credits)
QUALIFI Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security (120 credits)
To achieve the QUALIFI Higher National Diploma (HND) in Cyber Security, you need to Pass all two aforementioned stages in a sequential order where you will study the following modules of 120 credits in each stage and totalling 240 credits:
Level 4 Diploma
Information Technology and IT Ethics
Mathematics and Statistics for IT
PC Maintenance and Operating Systems
Computer Graphics Editing and Database Concepts
Graphical User Interface (GUI)
Programming Concepts and Java for Android Programming
Level 5 Diploma
Digital Investigations and Forensics
Communications and Incident Management
How you will learn
We deliver a dynamic study experience, taking you beyond the classroom so that you can apply your learning to real-world business challenges, including delivering practical solutions for your own organisation. You will be inspired by a mix of:
- Face-to-face and virtual lectures
- Case studies
- Role play
- Online discussions
- Enquiry-based learning
- Problem-solving activities
- Industry seminars and conferences
- Guest speakers
- Visits to various business organizations
“Moodle” is the Learning Management System (LMS) provided by CGL where we provide you with the key reading and research resources via ON-DEMAND LEARNING, and you can learn conveniently by managing your own class schedule in your busy routine.
- This course is assessed through 100% coursework with a range of methods, such as essays, research reports, presentations, group work and practical reports.
- The submitted assignments would be graded as PASS, MERIT or DISTINCTION.
- Level 3 Diploma in any Discipline.
- A Levels or equivalent international qualification in any discipline.
- FSc/ FA/ I.com/ 12th Grade or intermediate in any discipline.
- Applicants having O Levels, Matric or 10th Grade will be considered on case to case basis.
- Applicants over 21 years of age having a relevant work experience can also apply, as a mature learner, without having any formal qualification.
- We welcome applications from international students. If your first language is not English you will be expected to have overall IELTS 6 (with at least 5.5 in each component). You may be exempt from providing evidence of English language proficiency if you have gained your previous qualification from an English S